Ever dream of being on the inside of one of the biggest New England Cross events of the season? If so, the KMC Cyclo-cross Festival p/b Maxxis is eager to help make that happen for you! We are looking for volunteers to join us in putting together a weekend, full of international level Cross’ racing. #KMCCX draws riders from far and wide. In order to make that happen, we need YOUR help!
- Can you get yourself to Roger Williams Park in Providence, Rhode Island?
- Can you keep a smile on your face even when someone has run over your toe with their bicycle?
- Can you gleefully enjoy watching cyclists pummel themselves, suffering unimaginably?
- Can you pitch in whenever and wherever necessary to make something magical happen?
While we can’t guarantee that you’ll get placed in the position you’d most like (we’ll try very hard though), we can guarantee that you’ll have a great time being part of a complex and precise volunteer machine that will be putting on a weekend of Cross racing sure to amaze. In exchange for your time and talents, you’ll receive:
- A limited edition, Providence Cyclo-cross Festival t-shirt (sure to be the envy of all your friends)
- A super secret volunteer decoder ring for sending/receiving messages (OK, so this might not happen)
- For 4 hour shifts: 1/2 registration fee refunded** for one race
- For 8 hour shifts: full registration fee refunded** for one race and meal provided
- Entry into a volunteer raffle for a boatload of prizes! (more hours volunteered = more entries!)
- The undying appreciation of hundreds of riders who rely on YOU to make it happen!
**Please note, all registration refunds will be processed after the event and mailed to you.
If you can (mostly) truthfully answer yes to the above requirements, then you are eligible to join our team! We’re looking for folks to sign up for various shifts throughout the weekend to assist with registration, parking, course marshaling, our production team, and other HIGHLY essential positions.
Hooked yet? Contact Alex Krogh-Grabbe firstname.lastname@example.org now! Volunteer HERE for course building/tear-down and HERE for weekend shifts…